- Rates: Rates are subject to change without notice. Fireside Chalets LLC will not be responsible for errors on confirmations, email, etc. In addition to room rate there will be a cabin set up fee, taxes, a processing fee, and if applicable, a pet fee. Only one coupon or discount per stay. Some restrictions apply.
- Minimum Stay: There is a 2 night minimum stay except during Holidays. October and special events there is a 3 night minimum. We require a 4 or 5 night minimum on certain Holidays.
- Check-in Procedures: Check-in time begins at 4:00pm. During Peak Times there may be a delay and your patience is appreciated. Please call our office if you need assistance with directions at 877-774-4121. Call ahead if someone is checking in other than yourself so that arrangements can be made. Your prepayment will go towards your balance upon check in. You will be required to have a valid driver’s license, and an imprint of your Visa or MasterCard for a damage deposit. If you do not have a Credit/ Debit, Visa/Mastercard/Discover, you will be required to pay a cash deposit which will be determined by the size of cabin. Imprints will be voided and a check for a cash deposit will be returned by mail within ten (10) days after your departure, providing there are no damages or missing items. You are responsible for all damages incurred by your party. To have another guest in your party check-in, balance must be paid in full. Call us to add another guest to your reservation for check-in. If you choose to pay your balance in full before arrival or a group booking, late arrival, or rebooking please fax the credit authorization form. If guests in your party are going to arrive later, please register their names at the office for security so that we may give out keys and maps to your cabin during normal operating hours.
- Refrigerator: Placing warm food will cause the refrigerator to work very hard to cool your food. Check the freezer to see if the refrigerator is working properly. Please be patient, it could take a couple of hours for your food to cool. If the freezer is not working, contact the office so that we may contact the appropriate repair service and have this repaired as quickly as possible.
- Late Arrivals: Late arrivals need to prepay full amount in advance to receive a late arrival package. However our office is open until 9 pm. We would like to encourage you to be at the office during operating hours so that we may assist you in locating your cabin. If you are receiving a late arrival packet, you will have to check-in to the office the next day before 11 am. After hours emergency answering service number is 865-774-4121.
- Check-Out Procedures: Check-out time is at 10:00am. Late check outs are not allowed. Additional days may be available, please contact the office for availability. 1. In summer, set the thermostat at 75 degrees. In winter, set at 65 degrees. Fans stay on auto. 2. Wash all dishes or place them in the dishwasher and turn it onto the cleaning cycle. The dish cleaning works on a honor system. 3. Trash should be bagged and put in the outside garbage cans. 4. Place furniture in the original position. 5. Leave bed linens on the bed. Place wet towels in one location on the bathroom floor. 6. Turn all lights and small appliances off. 7. Lock all doors and windows upon departure. If you have an alarm cabin, please set alarm when leaving. If these things are not done there will be a charge against your deposit or imprint of your card. There will be a minimum charge of $25.00 if proper procedures are not taken care of.
- Payment: Payment must be paid in full at check-in. A Photo ID is required at check-in. No keys or maps are released until the balance is paid in full. If there is going to be separate payments, have the payment divided prior to arrival. We accept Money Orders, Traveler’s Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Cash Only. No Personal Checks.
- Pre-Payment: If you are wanting to pay more than the prepayment of ½ down or are paying more than $1,200.00 on a payment or if you plan on being a late arrival, please fill out the authorization form. We also require a front copy of the credit card and driver’s license. Call a reservationist at 1-877-774-4121 to verify your prepayment. Fax the authorization form, copy of the credit card, and copy of the driver's license to 865-774-1164. Call the office to verify that the payment has been received and posted.
- Keys: There is a $20.00 charge per key that is not returned upon check-out. Some of our cabins come equipped with a key code, if this applies call the office upon departure and let the staff know that you are checking out of the unit. Some cabins have alarm keys. If the alarm key is not returned when checking out, there will be a $50.00 nonrefundable charge.
- Occupancy: The cabin will only accommodate the number of guests that the cabin will sleep due to Fire Marshal Code. Occupancy is strictly enforced. NO HOUSE PARTIES ARE ALLOWED. Only the amount of guests that are registered are allowed on the premises. Guests violating these rules will be asked to leave the premises forfeiting all remaining rent.
- Group Policies: The units that you have reserved can be located in different areas, and some cabins/chalets will have different amenities that others do not. Unit occupancy is restricted to the number of people that the cabin will sleep. This is due to Fire Marshall Codes and deck/stair regulations, and will be strictly enforced (for safety). No congregating is allowed on stairways and decks as the supports are not designed for large groups of people. No parties of any sort are allowed, and any activities that disturb the peace will result in you being asked to leave and you will forfeit any remaining rent. You will be responsible for any damages to the unit. There is an extra charge if there is excessive cleaning or trash pickup needed for the units. The person responsible for each cabin is the person that registers, signs The Rental Policies, and secures the deposit on the cabin. Please have prior arrangements made for the person responsible for the group reservation to check-in to all cabins/chalets. When staying in several different cabins, please make sure all items and furnishings remain at the cabin that it is located in (this includes outside furnishings). Pre-payment (full balance) is required 60 days prior to arrival. We accept Visa, MasterCard, cashier checks, and money orders for balance. Vehicle information will also be needed for one vehicle at each cabin. Some cabins will only have space for 2 vehicles. If your group has a van or a bus, please check with the office to make sure that the cabin/chalet you are taking a bus to has sufficient room to turn around and to park safely. All groups are required to purchase trip insurance.
- Pets: As we may have guests with allergies, we have established a NO PETS policy except in cabins that allow pets. We accept Dogs ONLY. Most pet-friendly cabins do not allow a dog larger than 35 pounds. We do have a few that will allow a larger dog. Ask a reservationist for details. Number of pets are restricted. If a pet is found in a cabin that is not pet-friendly, you will be asked to leave the premises forfeiting all remaining rent and security deposit. There will also be an additional charge for cleaning the carpet and furniture. We require that pet owners clean up after their pets and refrain from letting the dog sleep in the beds or on the bed covers. Please do not allow your dog to lie down or sit on fabric sofa or chairs. This is to prevent any problems with fleas and to prevent extra cleaning charges for excessive hair or dirt (which will be charged back to the guest). If the pet sheds excessively or there is extra cleaning required there will be an extra charge to the guest. No pets are allowed in whirlpools, bathtubs, and hot tubs. All guests must be in compliance with the Tennessee Leash Law. All dogs must be kept on a leash while being walked. Take in consideration your fellow neighbors who may be disturbed from your dog's barking. Keep in mind there is a Noise and Nuisance Ordinance Law. If we get a complaint, you may be asked to leave. If a Guest is found violating any of the pet terms and conditions the guest will be charged additional fees. There is a $50.00-$75.00 dollar non-refundable pet fee depending on size of pet. Dogs are not to be left unattended. Dogs need to be crated when left inside premises alone. Pet owner takes full responsibility of damages caused by their pet. Fireside Chalets and property owners assume no responsibility for your pet.
- Non-Smoking: Most of our cabins and chalets have a no smoking policy. The Non-Smoking policy is strictly enforced.
- Bugs and Animals: During your stay, you may find occasional “uninvited guest”. While each of our properties are professionally treated by A Licensed Pest Control Company on a monthly basis, we hope that you will appreciate the fact that being in the heart of the National Park does create certain challenges in the area. Here are some insects that you may run across during your stay here: Lady Bugs, Cluster Flies, Millipedes, Wood Roaches, Scorpions, Carpenter Bees, and Wasp.
- Guest Responsibilities: Guests will assume full responsibility for damages, excessive cleaning charges or missing items from the cabins due to negligence.
- Vehicles: Fireside Chalets and Individual Property owners are not responsible for any vehicles. Some of our roads are impassible if bringing a motorcycle, bus, trailer, etc,. We do have accommodations on flat areas just ask your reservationist for more details. Due to weather and mountainous areas, four-wheel drive and chains may be required in mountain areas.
- Cancellation Policy and Refunds: If for any reason you should need to cancel, please call our office with a 60 day notice and you will only forfeit a $100.00 cancellation fee. Under the 60 day notice you will forfeit the amount paid. If you prepay or your deposit is over $1,200.00 please fill out and fax the credit card authorization form. We do offer Trip insurance that can be purchased. Ask a reservationist for more information. Trip Insurance is non refundable once the policy is purchased. Trip Insurance is mandatory on some holiday weekends. If you fail to call and cancel you will be charged an additional one nights room rate and forfeit the deposit paid. To prepay, please fill out the credit authorization form. In the event of failure of appliances, whirlpools, hot tub, central heat and air, any public utilities to include satellite/cable, we will make every effort to correct the malfunction as soon as possible. Neither the rental company nor the property owners will be obligated to refund in the event of failure. You are responsible for the entire booking once your reservation has been made and confirmed. There will be a $50.00 plus tax fee for any changes (change in cabins, dates, and rescheduling) made to your reservation.
- Refunds: No refunds for any reason. This includes weather conditions as we have reserved the dates for your enjoyment.
- Deposit: A payment of half of the full balance will secure your reservation for your stay, which will be applied towards your balance. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Money Orders and Certified checks. Any amount over $1,200.00 for payment requires a credit card authorization form. An imprint of your Visa or MasterCard will be required upon check-in for a damage deposit. In the event you don’t have a credit card, a cash deposit is required-amount depends on cabins size. $100.00 per bedroom. Imprints will be voided or a check for cash deposits will be mailed within ten (10) days after your departure, providing there are no damages or missing items. You will be asked to provide a valid driver’s for verification of person who is renting the cabin and showing the responsible party of the cabin.
- Hot Tubs: Hot tub covers are inspected after each rental. Damages to any cover will result in a $350.00 charge. Please use care when removing and replacing the cover to prevent damages. Keep Hot tub covers on when not in use. Hot tubs will continually circulate; do not turn off. There will be additional fees if you use bubbles or oils in the hot tub. Do not wear jewelry in the tub. Wearing make-up may cause a reaction due to the chemicals in the tub. Hot tub chemicals in hot tub may react to hair colors or chemicals. If you are sensitive to the chemicals, please do not use the Hot Tub. We recommend showering before and after each use of the Hot Tub. If you have any medical conditions please contact your physician before using the hot tub. Please check water temperatures in the whirlpool, bath, and hot tub before entering. Use hot tub at your own risk.
- Pool Tables: Some cabins have a Pool Table. There will be a $15.00 charge to replace broken pool sticks. If the felt is damaged on the table there will be a $350.00 charge to replace the felt. Please be careful when playing pool, so that other guests may enjoy use of the pool table too. Do not move the Pool Tables. There will be additional charges if pool tables are moved back to original position and re-leveled.
- Trash & Littering: We ask that you do not litter. Because of wild animals in certain areas, we have for your convenience garbage receptacles located beside our office for excessive garbage.
- Fireplaces: Wood: If you have a wood burning fireplace, use extreme care with the fireplace ashes and smoking materials. We do not supply kindling or firewood. Please bring your own. Dispose of ashes in the metal ash bucket or ash can only. Please do not leave the chalet while fire is burning. Open damper before building a fire. Please do not toss hot wood into the yard. Mountains are vulnerable to forest fires. Fireplace is in operation October 1st through April 1st. While Fireplace are in operation, please turn fans and central heat and air off in the cabin. This will prevent the smoke from being pulled into the cabin while in use. Gas Fireplaces: If you have a gas burning fireplace, do not move or tamper with the gas logs. Do not put anything in the fireplace. When turning our gas fireplaces on, please look for the timer located on the wall or close by to the fireplace. Once you turn the timer on, please do not force it off. Most gas fireplaces will have a pilot light that stays on.
- Grills: Charcoal: Never leave hot coals unattended. Please do not toss hot coals in the yard of the cabin. Gas: Do not remove the lava bricks. Do not put charcoal in the gas grills. There will be additional charges, plus it is extremely dangerous.
- Telephone Service: Local Phone calls are free. Long Distance phone calls are blocked. Prepaid calling cards or any other card using a 1-800 number to access is accepted.
- Satellite TV Service: Most of the cabins will have blocks on Pay-Per View movies. Ordering movies or shows on Pay-Per view is not allowed. You will be charged for any Pay Per View movies and shows that are watched or attempted to receive during your stay. These transactions are shown on the owner’s bill.
- Personal Items: Fireside Chalets and Individual Property Owners are not responsible for any personal items. Guests are also advised that Fireside Chalets does not provide in-unit safes or other mechanisms for safekeeping of valuables, nor are we able to provide such services at our office. For that reason, guests are advised not to bring valuables of any kind with them to their unit, and to the extent that they choose to do so, are strongly advised to take those valuables with them each time they leave the unit, as Fireside Chalets nor the unit owner(s) shall be responsible for the loss of these valuables or any other item of guest’s personal property. Use of illegal drugs or possession of illegal firearms are prohibited at all of our rental homes. If you are found to have either in your possession you will be asked to leave with no money refunded and you could face local prosecution. Fireside Chalets reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person violating the policies or procedures of Fireside Chalets. Should Fireside Chalets and/or the owners for which it manages property be required to take legal action to enforce their rights under this agreement and the other agreements which guest will acknowledge signing and reviewing prior to check-in, they shall be entitled to recover legal fees, court costs, collections fees, discretionary costs and any other suit expenses incurred. Please note that the guest whose name is on the reservation shall be fully responsible for the conduct of him/herself and all guests in and visitors to the unit during their stay. The guests and visitors may also be individually liable as well.
- Care of Homes: Please treat the cabins as your own home. Leave them in proper order.
- Respect to Neighbors: Please be a good neighbor. Respect quiet time. If we are contacted due to disturbances, you will be asked to leave the premises forfeiting all remaining rent.
- Guests staying at Shagbark Community, River Pointe, Sky Harbour, Bluff Mountain, and Ski Mountain: If you are staying in the Shagbark Area, please be aware they do not allow ATV’s, RV’s, Campers or Trailers. If you are staying in the River Pointe area, only park on the concrete pads, NOT the grass or in the street. Please inform the reservationist if you are towing a trailer/camper. There is also a car maximum at some of our areas. Shagbark does not allow any massage therapist companies in the area. Sky Harbour, Bluff Mountain, Ski Mountain, and other mountain areas require 4 wheel drive and chains in inclement weather.
- Weather Related: The weather in Tennessee in unpredictable. In case of impassable roads, we will try and accommodate you with another cabin, but additional room rate may be required. If it is calling for inclement weather while you are staying with us, please make sure you get all supplies needed in case of power outage (flashlights, matches, imperishable food, bottled water, etc,.) Fireside Chalets and individual property owners are not responsible for maintaining the conditions of roads, decks, and driveways in the event of snow, ice, rain, etc,. All of our units are located on county and city roads and are not maintained by the rental agency or homeowner. Fireside Chalets will not perform “Rescue Missions”. The guests take full responsibility for their safety as well as the passengers in the vehicle. The guest also understands that Fireside Chalets and Individual Owners are not responsible for any loss or damage that may result from traveling in inclement weather. We recommend Trip insurance. FourWheel drive and snow chains are required in mountain areas during inclement weather.
- Liability: This rental program is under management of Fireside Chalets, LLC., who acts only as an agent for the owners. Under no circumstances will Fireside Chalets LLC be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, claims, injury, direct or indirect, consequential or inconsequential or otherwise. Fireside Chalets reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person and/or rescind any contract for accommodations or guests. All properties are privately owned; The management company, Fireside Chalets, and the homeowner will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guests or loss of money, jewelry, valuables of any kind. If legal action is need, guest will be responsible for all legal fees. Guest is responsible for everyone in their party.
- After Hours calls: There may be a fee for some after-hours emergency calls. (Example: $25.00 locking yourself out). The After Hours On Call Service phone number is 865-774-4121.
- Lost and Found: Fireside Chalets will not be responsible for any items left in the cabin. Please check your cabin before departing. If you request for us to go look for a lost item, there will be a $20.00 charge. Guest is responsible for pick up for lost item or cost of mailing company if found. Ask reservations for the businesses in the area that will pick up and package your items. All lost items will be turned over to Goodwill after 15 days if not picked up. Firearms will be turned over to the Police. Fireside Chalets, LLC is the management company for the rental unit in which you will be staying and acts as an agent for the owner(s) of the unit. Neither Fireside Chalets LLC nor the unit owner(s) will be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, claims, injury to person or property, attorney fees, costs or otherwise arising from guest’s rental or stay.
- Supplies: If you are staying for several days, you may want to bring additional towels and beach towels for the hot tub. You may also want to bring some soap to wash your towels in the cabins that are equipped with a washer and a dryer. At Fireside Chalets, we try to be an Environmentally-friendly company and if you can hang your towels and re-use them during your visit this will help us have a lower impact on the environment. We do supply the basics but for extended stays you may want to bring additional supplies. Do not damage the linens. Please use them for proper use. Improper use (washing your vehicle) will result in a charge for damages. Each cabin is supplied with a limited complimentary supply to get your vacation started. Linen amount supplied or listed below is only the amount supplied in each cabin. For cabins without washer and dryers, there are several laundry mats conveniently located around town. To keep rates from increasing, we can only supply the complimentary amount of supplies and linens. If you request additional supplies or linens, additional charges will apply.
|Bedrooms||Towels||Washcloths||Hand Towels||Kitchen Towels|